thefischbowl.blogspot

This video was really kind of shocking. There were many statistics that I did not realize just how high they were. For example, I did not realize that India and China had more than three million college graduates than the United States. Another statistic that was shocking was that 70% of U.S. 4-year-olds have used a computer.

These were all shocking to me because I was in middle school before I was ever allow on a computer let alone know how to operate it well. Now they tell me that 4-year-olds are not only on a computer, they're actually navigating around on the internet and all. Another thing that is absolutely amazing is how far the technology has come in just a few short years. When I got my first cell phone I was 16-years-old; and my dad was not very happy about me getting one either. On that phone you could really only send a call, receive a call, check the time, and store numbers. Now, only four years later, elementary aged kids have phones and the phones are like little computers. You can send e-mail, send text messages(which when I was 16 we did not even know what those where), and thousands of other things. In my opinion, schools need to be teaching kids how to use this technology properly because if this is how far technology has brought us in 4 years think of how far we will be in 10 more years when some of these kids will be out in the work force.